Anto J. Manalil, PT, DPT
Education: Mahatma Gandhi University in Chennai, India & Dominican College in New York
Years in Practice: 18
Anto J. Manalil earned his entry level degree and Masters degree in Neurologic Physical Therapy at Mahatma Gandhi University in Chennai, India, and a Doctoral degree in Physical Therapy from Dominican College in New York. His past clinical experience includes hospital based acute care (NICU, ICU and CCU), post-operative orthopedics, neurology, sports and outpatient rehabilitation. He is trained in Neuro-development therapy and Stroke Rehabilitation.
His expertise is in treatment of orthopedic, neurological and geriatric population. Anto was a full time assistant professor at the College of Physiotherapy and Medical Sciences in India. He is an evidence based practitioner utilizing current research to design a plan of care that best fits the individual’s needs. Each individual’s program is designed in a cooperative effort to reach maximum desired goals. Anto understands the importance of core retraining for the performance of pain free functional rehabilitation. He utilizes his manual therapy skills and exercise programs to benefit patient treatment. Anto has also worked with children with delays in developmental milestones.
Anto joined TheraMAX Rehabilitation & Sports Physical Therapy, PLLC in 2013. During his free time Anto enjoys spending time with his wife and children.
Continuing Education & Training
- Continuing Rehabilitation Education Program in the area of Mental Illness MR and Associated Disability on the topic Vocational Training and Placement, January 2006
- Manual Therapy for Spine and Peripheral Joints, April 2009
- Proprioceptive Facilitation Technique, May 2009
- Effective Treatment Solutions for Sciatica, November 2015
- Functional Treatment Ideas and Strategies in Adult Hemiplegia, July 2016
- Working with Osteoporosis & Osteopenia Part A, November 2016
- Working with Osteoporosis & Osteopenia Part B, March 2017
- Clinically Applied Anatomy & Kinesiology, July 2017